Requests (now open!)
Feel free to write in the comments below which movies you would like me to add on the site.
Remember I can’t just upload any movie, there’s a number of “rules” that I need you guys to follow in order to “green light” a film, they are the following:
- No Region 1 DVD/Bluray of the said film is available to purchase online, if the movie that you want was released on DVD at some point but it’s currently out of print you can still request it but make sure to check not only Amazon but also eBay and see how many copies are out there for purchase, if you are unsure you can request it and I’ll give you an answer.
- For British films only make sure the film isn’t available on Region 2 DVD otherwise I will not upload it.
- The movie was released before the year 2006 (2005 is the limit).
- For foreign films I will only upload titles that are not available on Region 1 DVD, if the movie was released on DVD or Bluray but only in the film’s country of origin and without English subtitles then you can request it, if there is a Region 2/B release for such film with subtitles make sure it’s region locked (should say on the back) and not region free (AKA Region 0), in those cases I will not upload them.
- Also, make sure the film you want isn’t already available on Youtube (or if it is there it has to be a low quality copy), it takes me a lot of time to look for and upload each film and to end up seeing that it’s already up on YT it ends up being a waste of time so please check before requesting it here. Also, check out the WANTED films list, if the movie you’re looking for is listed there it means I don’t have it.
- NEW Last and probably most important rule, I will NOT be uploading films where any of the studios mentioned up next have been involved in the production and/or distribution of the requested film: NBCUniversal and all its subsidiaries, WarnerMedia (including everything from the pre-May 1986 MGM library), HBO, Turner Entertainment Networks, RKO Radio Pictures, Monogram Pictures, Cannon Group, Milestone Films, Gaumont, Pathé & StudioCanal (including Canal+, StudioCanal UK and Arthaus). For this you can check sites like IMDb specifically in the “Company Credits” part, click on “See More” and it will show you the production and distribution companies involved in the film, if you are unsure you can always ask and I will tell you yes or no.
This last rule I just added I’m a bit bummed about it not gonna lie I hate having to do this and believe me I would love to be able to upload as many movies as possible for you guys but after all the issues and complaints this year that forced me to take the site offline I have no choice, I don’t even know if this will be enough for the copyright trolls to leave me alone to be honest but I’ve run out of ideas so please, if you’d like to see rarefilmm stay online I ask you dearly to follow the rules, let’s hope for the best, I think we will be fine from now on, fingers crossed!
1 request per user please, you may include a second film as an alternative if you think I might not have the first one.